After ending the participatory process and collecting a huge amount of material and inputs from the different stakeholders during the different activities, Ecosistema Urbano decided to publish a book in order to narrate the participatory process and how it shaped the final urban design.
SPECIAL MENTION AWARD AT IX BIAU (BIENAL IBEROAMERICANA DE ARQUITECTURA Y URBANISMO). BOOK CATEGORY.
A ECOSISTEMA URBANO PROJECT. PUBLISHED BY LUGADERO.
EDITORS Ecosistema Urbano
COVER Hardcover (21 x 17 cm)
PAGES 176 pages
The book aims to show in detail all the steps that were undertaken and the contributions of the participants involved during the years of the project´s development. It is the most direct way to illustrate and disseminate the innovative experience of Dreamhamar as a case study and to propose generic participation tools that can easily be reused for any Dream your City project.
Dreamhamar is a participation and network design process aimed to redesign the public space of Stortorget Square in Hamar, Norway. During 2011-2012, citizens are taking part in a collective brainstorming process that will define their new square. It’s a pioneer approach to the construction of new public spaces or transformation of existing ones, supported by workshops, lectures, urban actions, communication and participation tools.The project involves various stakeholders that become part of the community of Dreamhamar and participate in some of the seven working areas which are currently developed:
- URBAN DESIGN, a technical research and urban approach to the public space.
- PHYSICAL LAB, a “pop up office” where workshops, lectures, and exhibitions take place.
- ONSITE WORKSHOPS, workshops, and lectures led by local and international creative guests to create a large database of the citizen ideas.
- URBAN ACTIONS, a way for citizens to experience directly in the public space possible uses of the future square. Mock ups scale 1/1
- DIGITAL LAB, participatory web platform linked to social network channels, to follow the weekly broadcasts, online workshops and use the mobile application, dreamhamar.app.
- ACADEMIC NETWORK, Dreamhamar as the course case study for universities linked to this global participative brainstorming.
- CULTURAL RUCKSACK, students from local schools share their ideas for Stortorget.